QuaverEd supports Schoology LTI Single Sign-On (SSO) access to our resources. We support various methods for automated rostering that can be paired with Schoology LTI SSO.
Otherwise, teachers can use student self-enrollment with Schoology LTI SSO to manually manage their rosters in Quaver.
Schoology SSO Integration Setup
This section is directed toward IT administrators looking to set up an External Tool in Schoology to allow Single Sign-On access to QuaverEd resources directly from Schoology via LTI using the instructions below.
How to set up QuaverEd as an LTI External Tool in Schoology
Step 1: District requests integration
Your district IT team should contact QuaverEd’s integration team at email@example.com!
Step 2: QuaverEd configures our system to support your district’s Schoology SSO integration
We’ll need to set things up on our side first. We’ll generate unique keys and secrets for your district, configure your LTI parameters, and more. Once we have everything ready, we’ll provide you with the key, secret, and launch link you need to set up QuaverEd as an LTI External Tool in Schoology.
Step 3: Set up LTI External Tool in Schoology
- In your Schoology Admin account, add an External Tool Provider.
You should be able to find this area via Tools > School Management > Integration > External Tools > Add External Tool Provider. Please see Schoology’s instructions on this for details.
- On the Add External Tool Provider configuration panel, use the following settings:
- Tool Name: QuaverEd (or QuaverMusic/QuaverSEL/etc. as preferred)
- Privacy: Send Name and Email/Username of user who launches the tool
- Configuration Type: Manual
- Match By: URL
- Consumer key, Shared secret, and Domain/URL will be provided by our integrations team. They may be specific to your integration and should not be copied from another source.
- Custom Parameters may be left blank unless otherwise specified by our integrations team.
Note that QuaverEd will default use the Schoology user’s email address as the unique identifier and key value to roster data. If your users do not all have unique email addresses in Schoology, please notify the QuaverEd integrations team during the setup process.
Step 4: Testing
Once you have QuaverEd set up as an External Tool in your district’s Schoology instance, we’ll proceed to test. Please note that your SSO integration will be set up in a local testing state, so only a limited number of users can come through. Once we confirm everything seems to be working as expected, we’ll go ahead and release it for everyone to use.
To test the integration, please have a licensed QuaverEd teacher add the External Tool to their Schoology course and click the link to log into QuaverEd through Schoology. They should land on our SSO account provisioning page.
Note: The first-time users log into QuaverEd via Schoology; they will have to go through a one-time account provisioning step. This process allows users who have used QuaverEd in the past to link their existing QuaverEd accounts with their Schoology SSO account. This is particularly important for teachers with registered licenses or customized resources to an existing QuaverEd account.
Learn more about QuaverEd’s SSO account provisioning process.
If you are setting up automated rostering with us as well, when a licensed QuaverEd teacher has successfully logged in through Schoology and reached their Quaver account they should see their rosters activated in QuaverEd.
Step 5: Release
When we have confirmed everything is working as expected, we will release your integration on our end. Teachers can then add the QuaverEd External Tool to any Schoology course to support SSO from Schoology.
Step 6: Support
QuaverEd will continue to support the SSO integration with your district throughout our contract term. We are committed to providing responsive support for our SSO integrations and will work with you to resolve any issues that may arise; if you need to alter your district’s SSO configuration at any time, please notify us before making any changes so that we can provide uninterrupted access for your QuaverEd users.
Adding the QuaverEd app to Course
This section is directed toward teachers and students in districts with Schoology SSO integrations with QuaverEd. Please note that your district IT administrator must set up a Canvas SSO integration with QuaverEd, following the instructions above.
1. Sign in to your district Schoology account. This is often linked from your district’s website.
2. Navigate to the course where you would like to add QuaverEd. Then click the “Add Materials” drop-down menu and select “Add File/Link/External Tool.”
3. In the pop box, select “External Tool”
4. Select QuaverEd’s app from the list. Then, click “Submit,” The QuaverEd app will be accessible to students in your course.
Note: If the QuaverEd app isn’t listed, your district IT will need to add the app for teacher use.
How to Access QuaverEd from Schoology
- Sign into your district Schoology account. This is often linked from your district’s website.
- Find QuaverEd’s app in your course materials, then click the QuaverEd app link. If the app is not available, it may need to be added to the course by a teacher.
If this is your first time accessing QuaverEd from Schoology, proceed to step 3. Otherwise, you can skip to step 5!
- This page is essential! If this is your first time logging into QuaverEd from Schoology, you’ll likely see our Single Sign-On account provisioning page.
If you have created a QuaverEd account before, click Link existing QuaverEd Account. This will allow you to link your Schoology account to your existing QuaverEd account.
If you do not have a QuaverEd account, click Create new QuaverEd Account. If you click Create new QuaverEd Account on this page, skip to step 5!
- Enter your QuaverEd Username and password and click LOGIN to link your Schoology account to your existing QuaverEd account.
If you have never created a QuaverEd account before, click Go Back and select Create new QuaverEd Account on step 3.
- Depending on the type of account you’re using, you will land at one of the following places…