QuaverEd celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusiveness both in our company environment and in the resources and services we provide to teachers and students around the world. We have instituted a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee within QuaverEd that meets monthly to discuss issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our resources.
The QuaverEd DEI Committee’s work is based on the following beliefs.
- We believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion: that all children, regardless of race, ethnicity, disability, economic status, religious background, sexual orientation and identity, academic standing, or exceptionalities have the right to a well-rounded education.
- We believe that teaching and learning is about helping develop the whole child academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
- We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to ensuring a welcome and safe environment for children in school so that learning can be achieved.
- We believe that technology is a great equalizer, one that affords an incredible opportunity to provide access to high quality education, both in the classroom and at home.
To support these beliefs, we are committed to the following principles:
- Developing curriculum resources that are culturally accurate, authentic, and representative of the diverse population of students and teachers we serve.
- Providing teachers with age-appropriate resources and professional development to inform their students about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proactively ensuring there is no potentially offensive or inauthentic material in our resources.
- Regularly re-evaluating our resources via educator feedback from the classroom and through the wider lens of current best practices for teaching and nurturing children.
- Working towards digital equity, ensuring that student accounts are free in licensed schools. We want to ensure equitable access to high quality learning resources, both in school and after the teaching day ends
- Creating a company environment that celebrates diversity of all types.
We understand that the pursuit of these beliefs is an ongoing process, and we invite feedback from our educators, parents, and community members. We seek and use this input to continually strengthen our position as an advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the classroom and beyond.
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, and inclusion in all our resources. We understand that self-evaluation is an ongoing process. We are dedicated to pursuing a continued path of growth as we work to help educators enrich the lives of their students.
Please contact us if you have any questions, are in need of additional documentation, or would like to submit a request for a specific resource to be considered for review.