We’re sure you’ve already heard “Can we play ‘Pumpkin Bones?'” countless times this school year!
This year, we hope you’re ready to take the song to another level. Below you’ll find ideas from fellow educators, new QuaverShop items, and additional resources for every educator in the school building.
Pumpkin Bones Activity Printables
Try these Pumpkin Bones Activity worksheets to go along with the “Pumpkin Bones” video. These worksheets are a great way to check for student understanding. They can be completed individually, with partners, or in groups.
Questions to Spark Discussion with Students:
- How did the children feel when they noticed all the pumpkins were missing?
- Do you think it’s appropriate for Pumpkin Bones to take things that don’t belong to him? Why or why not?
- Sharing is also important. What do you think Pumpkin Bones could have done with all his pumpkins so that others could enjoy them too?
- In the end, Pumpkin Bones returns all of the pumpkins. How does he make up for his mistake? How can we correct our mistakes? What does it look like in our actions and behavior when we correct mistakes?
- What feelings might you experience at Halloween time? Is it possible to feel more than one feeling at once? If so, describe.
- I think “Pumpkin Bones” is exciting, but my friend thinks it’s scary. How can I show empathy to my friend?
Pumpkin Bones Movement Activities
Access games in QuaverHealth•PE along with the entire curriculum FREE for 30 days: Free Preview.
New QuaverShop Items
We’ve added even more fun Pumpkin Bones merchandise to the QuaverShop!
Wear a Pumpkin Bones T-shirt to get students excited for fall. Reward students with stickers during the scavenger hunt. Use Stress Toys in the gym or in a classroom for different activities such as Hot Potato, Pumpkin Bones Scooter Tag, and more.
Update on the Halloween Costume Contest
There will not be a new Halloween Costume Reveal Video, but we’d still love to hear your students’ costume ideas. We are offering a fun printable for students to suggest costumes for Quaver. If you’d like to send us a few of the best ideas from your school, you can share them on social media and tag us @QuaverEd! We may show them to Quaver himself!
Remember, you can always access past Reveal Videos in QuaverMusic. Go to Resource Manager, search “Halloween,” and look under the Video tab.
Ideas from QuaverMusic Teachers:
Access any QuaverEd curricula FREE for 30 days!
Pumpkin Bean Soup
Did you know we have a Pumpkin Bean Soup recipe? As the song goes, find one fun night and make Pumpkin Bean!
What will Pumpkin Bones look like at your school?
Show us on social media by tagging @Quaver_Ed and using #PumpkinBones!