The Awards tool in Student Admin allows teachers to reward students with QuaverNotes. QuaverNotes act as a virtual currency that can be used to purchase items for your Avatar or Music Room on QuaverStreet. Teachers have an unlimited amount of QuaverNotes they can award to students.
From your Teacher Dashboard go to Student Admin, then click Rewards.
Select your class from the dropdown list at the top.
There are two ways to redeem or reward QuaverNotes:
- Click Menu then “Reward/Redeem QuaverNotes”
- Click “Reward/Redeem QuaverNotes” at the bottom of the screen
The Reward/Redeem QuaverNotes screen contains two tabs:
In the reward tab, you can select any or all students along with a QuaverNotes amount and a reason for the reward.
The Redeem tab allows treachers to implement their own reward system. This allows students who many not wish to buy Avatar or Music Room items to earn something at the teacher’s discretion.
After making your selection, click “Save.”
You can view transactions in the History tab on the Awards dashboard.
This tab shows each transaction that a teacher makes. If you have not awarded any yet, this list will appear blank.
Next to a student’s name, you will see several columns:
- The reason for the award.
- The “Amount Redeemed” will update if a teacher manually redeems a student’s QuaverNotes. Note that students who redeem QuaverNotes in their Student Accounts for items such as avatar clothing, will NOT reflect here.
- The “Amount Awarded” shows the amount awarded for each transaction.
If you reward an entire class with QuaverNotes, the entire class will appear as a single transaction. You will be able to click on that transaction to open a Transaction Details window. Here you can see the students in that transaction, as well as other related information.
To return to your awards screen, click the “X.”
In the Students tab, you will see all students in your class along with information about their QuaverNotes:
- The “Beginning Balance” is the number of QuaverNotes a student has. This amount will update upon rewarding them with additional QuaverNotes.
- When teachers reward or create transactions for students to redeem QuaverNotes, the “Last Transaction Date” will update to reflect the date of the latest transaction.
- When teachers create transactions for students to redeem QuaverNotes, the “Amount Redeemed” column will update to reflect this.
- The number of QuaverNotes a teacher rewards to students will show in the “Amount Awarded” column.
- When QuaverNotes are rewarded and/or redeemed, the “New Balance” column will update to reflect this. Note that if a student also uses their QuaverNotes to purchase avatar or music room items, this column will update.
- The “Awarded to Date” column shows the total number of QuaverNotes awarded to a student.
Click on the “Help” button on the top right for further assistance.
Students will receive a notification in their account when they are awarded QuaverNotes. When they select that notification, they will see how many QuaverNotes they received and see a message from the teacher.