The Essentials Menu is organized into four units to cover a total of 30 musical topics.
- Music Theory (16 topics)
- Instruments & Ensembles (8 topics)
- Composers & Music History (4 topics)
- Music Styles (4 topics)
Select any topic from the menu to view the Quaver Classroom for that topic. Each classroom includes a collection of non-grade-level specific resources for the music teacher to supplement instruction.
Each classroom uses a common organization to display the resources and activities available, including:
- Video Episode: A 14-20 minute video episode featuring Quaver and friends
- Teacher Guide: Lesson ideas with overview, objectives, vocabulary, lesson activities, assessments, cross-curricular activities, and step-by-step instructions
- Music Scores: Printable scores for songs relevant to the topic
- Musical Tracks: A variety of music to enhance your lesson
- Teacher Toolbox: A collection of adaptable digital tools for use in your classroom
- IWB Activities: A collection of fun interactive whiteboard quizzes, songs, video clips, and activities your students will enjoy
- Quaver Quiz: A 10-question quirky quiz to recap your students’ knowledge
- Worksheets: Printable tools to help build upon given objectives