QStrum allows you to create guitar, ukulele, or bass chord progressions by selecting chords and rhythm patterns.
Create Your Composition
- To change the instrument for your piece, select and click the instrument tile on the left and choose between specific guitar, ukulele, or bass options.
- Choose a strum pattern tile and drag it to the staff or add individual strum durations.
- To adjust the chords, simply click one of the chord options before dragging your strum pattern or strum duration tiles into place.
- You can add PlayAlong by selecting MENU and PlayAlong TRACK. Alter the volume of the PlayAlong using the volume bar in the top left.
- You can adjust the tempo settings by clicking Moderato and making your selection.
- Add additional measures by clicking the yellow arrows on the bottom right.
- Adjust the master volume using the slider at the bottom of the screen.
- Use the yellow buttons in the bottom left to either repeat, rewind, or playback your piece. A demo animation will appear on the screen, playing the piece you’ve created.
- You can also toggle the mirror view on in order to see a mirrored version of the playback.
Save Your Project and Download It
- Click MENU in the top right corner of the screen and click SAVE to save your project. You will be asked to give your project a title.
- Click MAKE MP3 from the menu and then DOWNLOAD the mp3 when it’s ready.
Open Existing Files
If you’d like to open a saved project, click MENU and OPEN.
How to Assign QStrum to Your Students for Submission
To begin, create a folder where your assignment will live.
- With no folder selected, click MENU, NEW FOLDER, and give it a title.
- Name your folder something like “QStrum Assignment” and click OK.
Your folder will now appear on the right side of your Resource Manager.
- Search for QStrum in Resource Manager.
- Drag the resource into your folder on the right side of the screen.
- Select the folder and hit MENU and NEW ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE.
- Name your assignment, “QStrum.”
- Open the folder and you’ll see your named Assignment with a green “A” next to it.
- Double click on the assignment to open it.
- You’ll notice a purple “dot” to fill in next to the activity.
- Click the dot to fill it in. This is what allows students to submit the assignment to show up in your GradeBook.
- Click MENU and ASSIGN TO CLASS to choose a class or classes you would like to give the assignment to.
- When students launch the assignment, they will be able to create their composition and a SUBMIT option will appear on the MENU when they are done and ready to submit.
- Students should SAVE their submission if they wish to access it at a later time.
- Completed submissions will show up in your GradeBook next to the student’s name with an orange checkmark.
- Click the checkmark to review their work.