QSoundFX allows you to create sound effects and backing tracks to Quaver videos or custom videos uploaded by you.
Create Your Composition
- Select a specific Quaver Video or click the Custom Video option.
- When selecting a Quaver Video, click the yellow PREVIEW button to preview the clip.
- Select Custom Video to record a 30-second video clip. Make sure the built-in camera and microphone on your device are enabled.
Add Sound Effects
- Once your video is selected or uploaded, click LAUNCH.
- Here you can drag and drop sound effect clips and record audio directly into the screen.
- On the right side, click the arrow next to SuggestedFX to see additional sound clip categories: People, Outdoors, Sounds, Home/Cars, Music, or All FX options.
- Use the search bar to search for specific sounds.
- Drag sound effect clips to the SFX 1, 2, or 3 at the bottom of the screen.
- Adjust the volume of each clip under the INFO box on the left side of your screen.
- Any recorded audio will appear in the MIC section below.
- Use the yellow buttons in the bottom left to Repeat, Rewind, or Playback your work.
- Once completed, click Showtime to see the video.
- Click MENU and OPTIONS to toggle on and off the intro clip.
Save Your Project and Download It
- Click MENU in the top right corner of the screen and click SAVE to save your project. You will be asked to give your project a title.
- Click MAKE MP4 from the menu and then DOWNLOAD the mp4 when it’s ready.
Open Existing Files
If you’d like to open a saved project, click MENU and OPEN.
How to Assign QSoundFX to Your Students for Submission
To begin, create a folder where your assignment will live.
- With no folder selected, click MENU, NEW FOLDER, and give it a title.
- Name your folder something like “QSoundFX Assignment” and click OK.
Your folder will now appear on the right side of your Resource Manager.
- Search for QSoundFX in Resource Manager.
- Drag the resource into your folder on the right side of the screen.
- Select the folder and hit MENU and NEW ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE.
- Name your assignment, “QSoundFX.”
- Open the folder and you’ll see your named Assignment with a green “A” next to it.
- Double click on the assignment to open it.
- You’ll notice a purple “dot” to fill in next to the activity.
- Click the dot to fill it in. This is what allows students to submit the assignment to show up in your GradeBook.
- Click MENU and ASSIGN TO CLASS to choose a class or classes you would like to give the assignment to.
- When students launch the assignment, they will be able to create their composition and a SUBMIT option will appear on the MENU when they are done and ready to submit.
- Students should SAVE their submission if they wish to access it at a later time.
- Completed submissions will show up in your GradeBook next to the student’s name with an orange checkmark.
- Click the checkmark to review their work.