QBackBeat is a QuaverMusic Creative that allows you to create drum grooves. You do this by clicking on the white segments next to a variety of instruments including Kick Drums, Toms, Snare Drums, Cymbals, Percussion, and Boomwhackers®.
Create Your Composition
- To create a new project, select MENU in the top right corner of the screen and click NEW. You will provide a Title and Composer as well choose a format: quarter, eighth, or sixteenth note.
- You’ll start with Kick Drum, Low Tom, Snare Drum, Hi-hat Open, and Crash Cymbal.
- If you click on the instrument, a menu will appear where you can choose from instruments including Kick Drums, Toms, Snare Drums, Cymbals, Percussion, and Boomwhackers®.
- Select the segments you would like to fill with sound. The squares will illuminate with color. Click the square again to remove the sound.
- You can adjust the tempo settings by clicking Moderato and making your selection.
- You can mute individual tracks with the gray volume button or solo the track by clicking the gray headphone button.
- You can also choose a PlayAlong by selecting MENU and PlayAlong Track.
- Add additional measures by clicking the yellow arrows on the bottom right.
- Click the yellow PLAY button to playback your project.
- Click CLEAR to clear your project and start over.
Save and Download Your Project
- Select MENU in the top right corner of the screen and click SAVE to save your project. You will be asked to give your project a title if you have not already.
- Click MAKE MP3 from the menu and then DOWNLOAD the mp3 when it’s ready.
- If you would like to open a past project, at any point, select MENU and OPEN.
Open Existing Files
If you’d like to open a saved project, click MENU and OPEN.
How to Assign QBackBeat to Your Students for Submission
First, create a folder in Resource Creation where your assignment will live.
- Click MENU, NEW FOLDER.
- Name your folder and click OK.
Your folder will now appear on the right side of your Resource Manager.
- Search for QBackBeat in Resource Manager.
- Drag the resource into your new folder.
- Select the folder and hit MENU and NEW ASSIGNMENT TEMPLATE.
- Name your assignment, “QBackBeat”
- Open the folder and you’ll see your named Assignment with a green “A” next to it.
- Click MENU and ASSIGN TO CLASS to choose a class or classes you would like to give the assignment to.
- Students can submit their compositions by clicking MENU and SUBMIT.
- Students should SAVE their submission if they wish to access it at a later time.
- Completed submissions will show up in your GradeBook next to the student’s name with an orange checkmark.