From your Quaver Music Integration Curriculum (QuaverMIC) Menu, open a Lesson Module to begin.
Once a Module is open, you’ll see:
- Integration Content Area
- Grade Level
- Musical Concept
- 3 Lessons
Each of the Lessons is numbered and contains the lesson’s title, as well as the Featured Song, found in the lesson.
Each Featured Song is used throughout the three lessons as the vehicle for teaching cross-curricular content.
Through the power of music, students are able to make deeper connections to the lessons which can lead to greater retention long-term.
Lesson Summary Screen
On the Lesson Summary Screen, you’ll see an overview of each activity in the lesson, along with useful information for planning. The buttons at the bottom of the screen access:
- Overview – The purpose of the lesson
- Objectives – The student goals for the lesson
- Lesson Plan – A PDF version of the full lesson, which can be saved or printed
- Worksheets – Any lyrics sheets or activity printables related to the lesson
The Lesson Summary Screen defaults to the Icon View of the lesson Each activity is represented by a thumbnail preview of the interactive resource.
Click the list option to toggle to a List View with each activity listed by name with a corresponding icon representing the screen type. Toggle back to Icon View as needed.
Each lesson contains a variety of interactive screens, songs, and connections for students to make across the curricular areas.
To launch a lesson, click the green Launch button. Click the Next and Previous arrows to present the lesson.
To switch to a specific screen, click the screen title at the bottom to reveal the list of screens in the lesson. Click the name of the screen.
Each lesson will conclude with a “What Did We Learn Today?” screen where you can review the lesson objectives following instructions.
Select MENU to access the following tools and resources.
All DRAW, TEXT, and WIDGET items will remain displayed on the screen until you select LESSON.
- DRAW – The Draw tool allows you to add drawings directly to lesson screens.
- TEXT – The Text tool allows you to add custom text fields to your lesson screen. When selected, click anywhere on the activity screen to open a new text box and then type into that field.
- WIDGETS – The Widgets icon contains four helpful items to enhance your lesson delivery. Select from the following Widget options to display on the screen: Keyboard, Metronome, Soundboard, and Timer. Then select the Widgets icon again to hide that widget.
- TOOLS – Here you will find options to Hide the screen, a Teacher Tools shortcut to your Teacher Toolbox, a Student Interactives shortcut, and Grade which gives you the ability to change the grade level that appears on the lesson’s Welcome Screen.
- NOTES – These Notes are identical to those in the Lesson Plan, but are repeated here for easy access as you teach. The Notes include instructions for using the screen and additional teaching ideas.
- WORKSHEETS – The Worksheet button allows you to take a quick peek at all of the printable worksheets available in the entire lesson.
- MOBILE – The Mobile option allows you to pull up a QR code and mobile code for students to use on their own devices by either scanning with their device’s camera or entering the URL and alphanumeric code in their browser – all without the need for a student account.
- LESSON – After exploring other Menu Options, click the Lesson button to return to navigating the lesson itself.