As an online curriculum platform, QuaverMusic is always growing!
Content and functionality are updated regularly at no cost to licensed users. New resources and tools are fueled by feedback from teachers and students using the program around the world.
New Teaching Resources
Since 2013, we have added more than 2,100 teaching resources to the Quaver library. This includes over 100 new ClassPlay songs, 166 complete lessons, and more than 1,000 interactive screens–not to mention a few beloved characters.
- 2013 – Perry the Sheep makes his debut!
- 2014 – New Release: Project-based resources for grades 6-8
- 2016 – Added: 60 new songs including modern and music from around the world
- 2016 – New Release: 38 Song-Based Lessons
- 2017 – Added: Resources for Pre-K Music
- 2018 – Added: 40 new songs including Choral Resources
- 2019 – Added: SEL songs including “You-Nique!”
- 2020 – Added: Multi-lesson banjo and spoons projects developed in collaboration with the National Museum of African American Music
And Serious New Features
In addition to new content, the functionality of the Quaver platform has continued to grow! Since 2013, we have added a number of customization options and enhancements so you can continue to do what you do best—teach!
- Key and Tempo options added to Full Score activities
- Curriculum resources now deliverable to students in the form of Assignments
- Single Sign-On and Rostering integrations now available
- Teachers can now edit and print Custom Lesson Plans
- Custom Curriculum Builder launches for personal or district use
- Quaver GradeBook now includes Attendance options
- Curriculum resources now available without the use of Adobe Flash
- Custom Assignments and Rubrics added to Resource Creation toolbox
- Teacher and Student Record Screens added to Resource Creation toolbox
- Resource Manager enhancements include a Topic Index view!
- New customization options added including interactive Quiz Challenge Games
- Enhancements to support distance teaching and learning include resource sharing with a single link, video instructions for asynchronous learning, and more!
What’s Next for QuaverMusic?
We don’t plan on stopping here! We have a number of exciting resources on the horizon that will be added to QuaverMusic Curriculum resources, at no additional charge to licensed users. Some of these updates include:
- Movement project
- Guitar project
- More resources that emphasize female composers and composers of color
- Additional ClassPlay songs
- New customization options
- And much more!