Developing social and emotional skills can lead to huge benefits for students, teachers, families, and the larger community.
Your QuaverMusic curriculum resources include a number of songs and activities to help emphasize SEL skills with your students. Have you explored these songs yet in your classroom?
Visit ClassPlay to search for the following songs:
- “How I’m Feeling Today”- Use this song to help students identify and communicate their feelings.
- “Show Me How You’re Feeling”- Once a feeling is identified, can your students demonstrate what it looks like?
- “I Believe In You”- Based on the story of “The Little Engine That Could,” this song encourages students with the idea that they can do anything. As Dolly Parton sings, “I believe in you!
- “Happy”- This familiar tune by Pharrell Williams is fun to sing and dance to! It also encourages students to explore what happiness means to them.
- “Write It Down”- This song includes great tips to help students be organized and responsible.
- “Take the Time To Be Kind”- Emphasize the importance of kindness in the classroom, and beyond, with this beautiful song.
- “Everything Is Better”- A song to teach students the importance of working together!
And finally, hop over to Resource Manager and search “He Had a Dream” to find an additional Quaver original piece. This song highlights Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s character, beliefs, and contributions to the social justice movement.